Development of Peer Support and Lived Experience Workforce
This idea would include:
- Flexible work hours to accommodate varying needs of lived experience people.
- Active recruiting in NGOs
- Relevant/More Specific qualifications with additional student financial support
- Greater ability to work from home
- Potential expansion of EAP support services to support this new workforce in relation to job stressors
- Training on how to draw from your own experience to support others - either workshops, qualification, or online go-at-your-own-pace.
- Mentoring systems in place from existing staff to support new staff.
- Active promotion of the value in this sector of the health workforce to the wider organisation
Why the contribution is important
Those who have lived it, can help others currently experiencing it.
"Nothing about us, without us"
by DaveSnell on November 01, 2022 at 12:02PM
Log in or register to add comments and rate ideas